How to fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error on Windows 10
(Free Appvn) One of the common blue screen errors on Windows operating systems is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. If your PC is getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error, you can try the following fixes.
- Turn off the News and Interests feature of Windows 10 to keep the taskbar neat
- Instructions to prevent automatic restart when Windows 10 fails
- Instructions to turn off the automatic sound of videos and ads on Chrome tab
- How to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen error on Windows 10
- Simple guide to overclocking RAM with MSI B560 motherboard with Memory Try It feature!
- How to help you try Windows 11 before the rest of the world
If your PC is getting the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error, you can try the following fixes.
One of the common blue screen errors on Windows operating systems is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It is related to the Interruption Request Line (IRQL) that the PC uses to signal events that need to be resolved immediately. This error usually originates from RAM and occurs when a process in the system or device driver needs to access a certain RAM address but does not have valid permissions.
This error will cause the operating system to stop working, Windows to crash, and display a blue screen (Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). At the same time, it will also collect data about this error and then the PC will automatically restart (by default).
Common causes of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. errors
When this error occurs, there are many causes that you should consider. It is highly likely that something has changed on your PC that causes this error. Possible causes include:
- Corrupt system files: To fix this, run the command line DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth in the CMD tool (in Run as Administrator mode). If after running it finds an error to report, then run the command line DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restore health to clean everything up. Then run the command line SFC /SCANNOW until no more errors are found (usually about 2-3 times). This will almost always fix the IRQL error.
- Incompatible driver: If you have just updated to a new driver, try rolling back to the previous version by opening Device Manager (appears in the pop-up menu when pressing Win + X), right-clicking the driver, selecting Properties, find the Driver tab and then click the Roll Back Driver button. In case you cannot click, you must uninstall the driver you are using and reinstall the old driver manually. Usually, it will be related to the driver of the graphics card.
- Faulty hardware: If there is faulty hardware, an error report will appear in Reliability Monitor. To open it, type perfmon /rel into the Run window (which appears when you press Win + R), in CMD, or in PowerShell. The best fix is in this case to remove the device. If it is an important device such as a keyboard, mouse, or hard drive, replace it with a new one.
- Interrupted software installation: If you have recently installed or updated software, go to Reliability Monitor to see if any software installation errors appear. If so, please remove it to see if the error is still there or not.
Try using the Clean Boot method
If the above methods still do not fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, you can try performing the Clean Boot process with Windows 10. With this feature, your PC will minimize the drivers and software that run at startup. If you suspect that it is caused by 3rd party software, you can use the elimination method, gradually turning on 3rd party software to find the culprit.
Find more information online
If you go to foreign forums like TenForums, BleepingComputer, Answers.microsoft.com, or Tom's Hardware and look for the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, you can see how often this error appears, recently many people have been affected. or not, the error is caused by installing a new driver or another reason. In addition, you can also refer to how they used to fix the problem.
Hopefully, the above methods will help you fix the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Thank you for watching!
Top 5 Posts of Hoàngg :